Friday, June 29, 2012

The Weinberg Memorial Library Visits Hand Deliver Press!



The University of Scranton Weinberg Memorial Library's Kristen Yarmey stopped by my shop yesterday to photograph and film me printing a project for them. The U has a collection of penmanship journals and samples called the Zaner-Bloser Collection, and it is beyond impressive. What is more exciting for me, though, is that they have many of the original printing blocks that they have allowed me to print from.

Yesterday I was working on a Christmas card (I know, it's June!) that they will send out to patrons of the school and library come the holiday season. I had a great time showing Kristen around and showing her how letterpress printing works. I am so thrilled about this projects, and there is much more than just Christmas cards involved, so stay posted to see what comes next!


In the meantime, check out the Library's Flikr page to see what Kristen got yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment