Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fiddle Lake Farm

This past Labor Day, I had the pleasure of being included in the grand opening celebration of Fiddle Lake Farm Bed & Breakfast's Barn Venue. The space was absolutely gorgeous. The barn-turned-venue was decorated with beautiful antiques from a local vendor, artwork, and distinctive little touches that would make any bride looking for a rustic, yet lovely, venue swoon.

The event was open to the public, and many brides and grooms-to-be stopped by to check out the barn, and of course, all of the wedding vendors like myself. There were a couple of women I had met before, including wedding planner, Danielle Pasternak, and photographer, Kim Winey. I also met some fantastic people, like Maggie from Maggpie Vintage Rentals (so many beautiful things to choose from!) and Kristy Rice of Momental Designs, who does beautiful hand-painted stationery. To top it off, there were accessories for the bride made by Kiss Me Awake, and delicious looking cakes by Just Frosted.

I am so happy to have met those women, and wish them all luck in their businesses. I hope to foster the same kind of community feeling when I head to North Carolina in ten days (!). Congratulations to all of the engaged couples who came out, and to Fiddle Lake, for opening what is sure to be an incredibly successful wedding venue!

And now, a cavalcade of photos:

My table at the vendor fair.

The ceiling of the barn, complete with chandelier.  
Outside of barn, and I'm assuming that gorgeous car is available for rental.


Sitting area in the barn. I asked a friend if we could subtly steal that cabinet and painting. 
A local band provided some nice old-timey music for the event,  and it sounded great!


Momental Designs


Danielle Pasternak 

Maggpie Vintage Rentals

Kim Winey Photography

More ceiling + canoes.

Oh! And they had these sweet kids in bow-ties serving root beer floats  all afternoon.  It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment