Friday, October 12, 2012

Hello, Asheville!


It has been an absolute whirlwind these last few weeks, but I have finally moved myself, my dog, and Hand Deliver Press down south into the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina, to Asheville. There have been few other times in my life where I have been so immediately happy with such a big decision. I feel as if I have lived here for years already. Everyone I meet is so kind, interested in my story, where I moved from, why I moved, and graciously helpful. The city itself offers so much to do it can be overwhelming, but it's still small and enveloping. I certainly miss my friends and Scranton, but this is proving to be one of the best choices I have ever made.

As for Hand Deliver, I have set up shop in West Asheville, in the house I rent with my friend, April. The dining room-turned-printshop is full of light, opens onto the deck and backyard, and surrounded by trees. The Vandy, Pilot, and my new (quite old) type cabinet fit perfectly. So, I'm all set up to roll out some new prints, cards, and anything else that comes my way in this lovely southern town.




No comments:

Post a Comment