Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Platen Press Workshop at ArtWorks Gallery

Attention Scrantonites: Before I head south to North Carolina, I will be teaching a little workshop at ArtWorks Gallery in Scranton on September 1st, from 10 - 1. This series of classes featuring local artists is a collaboration between the great Cristin Powers of GreenBeing, and one of my best friends, Nicole Sawicki of ArtWorks and AFA Gallery fame. The two teamed up to bring NEPA artists together to share their crafts and skill with anyone in the area who is curious about screenprinting with Tomlynn Biondo, book binding with Samantha Nardelli, letterpress with me, or crochet with Anny Cadden.

My workshop will have me hauling my tabletop Pilot press down to ArtWorks and teaching the basics of letterpress printing. For a mere $20, students will have the chance to learn how the press works, how to set and lock up type, and will be able to print a small set of cards on recycled paper. I am really looking forward to sharing my skills with students, and equally happy that I'll be rounding out my time in Scranton with such a great event.

You can sign up for the workshops through GreenBeing's website. Space is limited, so sign up soon!

The Weekender was kind enough to write up a little story about the series this week, and you can check it out here: http://www.theweekender.com/stories/Get-busy-going-green,191407

No comments:

Post a Comment